The death toll from the outbreak at the McCreary/Alonsa Health Centre is now at three.
A man in his 80s is the third death announced this week after an outbreak was declared at the facility on January 7th.
There have been 42 total cases associated with this outbreak, which includes 14 staff and 28 “non-staff” according to the province.
Improvements Noted In The Test Positivity Rate
Health officials announced 158 new cases and 5 deaths on Wednesday.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 9.6% provincially and 7.4% in Winnipeg. The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 26,695.
The provincial data also shows 2,928 active cases and 23,014 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19.
There are 119 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 170 people in hospital who are no longer infectious but continue to require care (289 hospitalizations total).
There are 19 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 17 people who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care (36 ICU patients total).
The total number of deaths due to COVID-19 is 753.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
• seven cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region
• 70 cases in the Northern health region
• 12 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region
• eight cases in the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region
• 61 cases in the Winnipeg health region
According to the province’s data, there are active cases in the following Parkland health districts: Dauphin (6), Riding Mountain (3), Swan River (0), Porcupine Mountain (62), Duck Mountain (4), Asessippi (7), Little Saskatchewan (2), Whitemud (4), and Agassiz Mountain (43). Brandon has 68 active cases.
In the Interlake, the Eriksdale/Ashern health district has 59 active cases, while Fisher/Peguis has 41.
Public health officials advise five additional deaths in people with COVID-19 have been reported today including:
• a male in his 50s from the Northern health region
• a male in his 80s from Prairie Mountain Health region and linked to the outbreak at the McCreary/Alonsa Health Centre
• a male in his 70s from the Winnipeg health region and linked to the outbreak at the Southeast Personal Care Home
• a male in his 80s from the Winnipeg health region
• a female in her 80s from the Winnipeg health region and linked to the outbreak at the Charleswood Care Centre