Manitoba added 85 new cases of COVID-19 on Saturday, bringing the total number of cases in Manitoba to 3,258.
Today’s data shows:
• four cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region;
• four cases in the Northern health region;
• four case in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• five cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
• 68 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The following Parkland health districts have active cases: Dauphin (2), Little Saskatchewan (1), and Asessippi (1). Brandon has 12 active cases of COVID-19.
The Eriksdale/Ashern health district has 3 active cases.
There are 28 Manitobans in hospital and 5 in intensive care. The number of deaths due to COVID-19 is 38.
There are 1,648 active cases and 1,572 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19.
The Winnipeg Metropolitan Region currently has 1,418 active cases of COVID-19, and with the growing number of cases there, the province is introducing more targeted measures under the Restricted (orange) level of the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System.
Click here to learn more about the new restrictions facing the Winnipeg Metropolitan Region, which go into effect Monday, October 19 for a minimum of 2 weeks.