Just before 9 pm last night the Dauphin Fire Department responded to a report of a grass fire.
The fire happened in the Keld area and lasted for about 5 hours.
A witness saw a vehicle driving away from the scene of the fire but unfortunately no license plate number was obtained.
Due to extremely dry conditions, the Dauphin Fire Department is asking people to be cautious when driving through grassy areas and to not throw cigarette butts out of car windows.
Anyone planning a burn in the RM of Dauphin is asked to make sure they have the necessary permit. Permits can be obtained through the RM.
Anyone with any information concerning the vehicle that was in the area at the time of the fire is asked to call the Dauphin RCMP.