Community Mental Health Workers
needed for Adult population as well as Child & Adolescent population
Full time Positions & Casual opportunities
Days / Evenings - 7.25 Hour Shifts
* This base site of this position is PMH North.
* BScMH or BScPN with active applicable registration/licensor; or BSW or MSW and two (2) years directly related experience; or RPN with additional directly related in-service training and four (4) years directly related experience
* Knowledge of the biological, psychosocial factors related to mental health and illness; and knowledge of social systems and networks
* Knowledge of Co-Occurring Disorders Initiative (CODI)
* Skills related to assessment and problem formulation, problem-solving, various counseling ods, client advocacy, and outcome evaluation
* Ability to create a therapeutic rapport with a diverse client population with effective use of individual and systemic approaches
* Ability to function collaboratively within multiple systems in ensuring the commitment to care to clients, families, partner agencies, and members of the health care team
* Flexibility in meeting client needs and responding to the demands of allied health agencies required
* Effective written and verbal communication skills required
* Sound organizational skills required
* Physical and mental health necessary to meet the demands of the position required
* Ability to work and make decisions both independently and as a team member required
* Valid Manitoba Drivers License and access to a vehicle
* Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Training and ASIST Training required
* Familiarity with computer software, particularly word processing
* The above represent general core qualifications for the position and may vary as necessary to the operation of Mental Health Services
Visit careers.pmh-mb.ca to apply for Community Mental Health Worker positions and to see other vacancies
This position is subject to a Criminal Records Check (including vulnerable sector), Adult Abuse Registry Check, and a Child Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any services charges incurred.
We thank all applicants that apply but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.