As we monitor the impact of COVID-19 and cancellations, here’s what you need to know to minimize the risk for your family and your community.
It's important to remember if you experience cold- or flu-like symptoms, you must call Health Links at 204-788-8200 or toll-free at 1-888-315-9257 before you visit an urgent care centre. Health Links will advise you on what to do & where to go.
To reduce the high volume of calls to Health Links, a new online COVID-19 assessment tool is available here: https://sharedhealthmb.ca/covid19/screening-tool/.
Symptoms range from mild (fever, cough, runny nose, sore throat) to severe (shortness of breath and breathing difficulties).
The most comprehensive and up-to-date information about COVID-19 and best practices can be found on the Manitoba Government website.
The Dauphin and District Chamber of Commerce has set up a Facebook Group for Parkland businesses to announce any changes to their operations.
Here is a list of cancellations we know of so far:
- All Parkland Regional Library branches are closed
- All church services at the Dauphin United Church are cancelled until further notice
- All MMF Manitoba House events in Kinosota have been either been cancelled or postponed until further notice
- All classes and groups at the Canadian Mental Health Association at both the Swan Valley and Dauphin branch have been postponed until further notice
- All Grandview Recreation Facilities are closed until further notice
- Alonsa Ladies Bonspiel and the Alonsa Mixed Bonspiel have both been cancelled
- Canada’s National Ukrainian Festival office is closed until further notice, you can still connect with them by email. Contact information is available at cnuf.ca
- Countryfest Community Cinema in Dauphin is closed until further notice
- Dauphin Chamber Lunch and Breakfast events on hold
- The Dauphin Community Curling Club Super Bingo Scheduled for Saturday May 2nd, has been cancelled.
- Dauphin's Countryfest Office is temporally closed, you can still connect with them by phone, and by email. Contact information is available at countryfest.ca
- Dauphin Friendship Center has closed its doors to the public until further notice
- The Dauphin Lake Golf Club's Early Bird Membership drive is postponed until April 15th
- The Dauphin Multi-Purpose Senior Centre will be postponing all activities at the Centre effective immediately with the exception of the Congregate Meal Program.
- The Dauphin Royal Canadian Legion is closed until further notice
- Dauphin Rec Services has closed the Parkland Recreation Complex, Credit Union Place, the Dauphin Rotary Arena, and the Kinsmen Aquatic Center
- Dr. Brenna and Three Graces Medi Spa will be temporarily closed
- Ethelbert drop-in centre Monday night bingo is cancelled
- Fort Dauphin Museum is closed to the public till further notice
- Garton's Auction Service's Farm Consignment Auction scheduled for May 2nd has been cancelled
- Gilbert Plains Legion is closed until further notice.
- Grandview Drop-In Centre Events are cancelled until further notice.
- Grandview Legion is closed until further notice.
- Grandview Monday night bingo cancelled in till further notice
- H+R Block's Dauphin and Winnipegosis offices are drop-off only until further notice.
- The Lundar Fair originally scheduled for June 12th and 13th has been cancelled, the Lundar Ag Society is hoping to have an event in the Fall, possibly in September.
- Makinak Sr's Club Card Party for April 10th is postponed.
- Makinak Card Party scheduled for Friday, April 10th is cancelled.
- The Manitoba Summer Fair has been cancelled
- McCreary Homecoming Weekend planned for August long weekend, July 31st to August 3rd has been postponed to August long weekend 2021.
- McCreary Fair and Rodeo scheduled for June 13th and 14th has been cancelled.
- McCreary Legion Bingos and Chase the Ace have been cancelled until further notice
- McCreary Maple Syrup Festival
- McCreary Recreation office is now closed until further notice
- McDonald's Restaurant in Dauphin is now Drive-Thru only
- Mossey River Inn Chase the Ace is cancelled until further notice
- Music Therapy at the Gilbert Plains EMS Building
- Nutrition Month Event at the Gilbert Plains EMS Building
- The Parkland Blue Wings 30th Annual Dinner and Auction has been postponed until May 2021
- Roblin Recreational Facilities will be closed and programs postponed until further notice
- South Parkland Parish Anglican Churches are cancelling worship services in Dauphin, Gilbert Plains, Grandview, and McCreary
- St. George Orthodox Ukrainian mass and gatherings are suspended until further notice
- Ste. Rose Recreation facilities are now closed until further notice
- St. Viator's Roman Catholic Church- Sunday and Weekday masses are suspended until further notice
- The Ukrainian Catholic Church of the Resurrection has cancelled all services until further notice and is closed for the time being
- Ukrainian Orthodox Young Men's Society Chase the ace is cancelled up until further notice
- Watson Art Centre in Dauphin will be closed until further notice.
- Winnipegosis New Horizons Seniors Center has cancelled the regular Saturday night Bingo until further notice
Recommended social distancing measures for all Manitobans include:
• cancelling or postponing any gatherings of more than 10 attendees;
• minimizing prolonged (more than 10 minutes), close (less than two metres) contact between individuals in public;
• avoiding greetings that involve touching such as handshakes;
• disinfecting frequently used surfaces;
• following public health advice related to self-monitoring and self-isolation if you have travelled or have been exposed to someone ill with the virus; and
• avoiding all non-essential travel, as well as crowded places and events.
The most up to date information and direction from the provincial government can be found athttp://www.manitoba.ca/covid19/.
People are being encouraged to take common prevention measures including regular handwashing with soap and warm water for at least 15 seconds. Make sure to dry hands thoroughly. Alternatively, people can use an alcohol-based hand cleanser if their hands are not visibly dirty. People should also cover their mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing, or cough or sneeze into their sleeve.