The Dauphin Kings are in search of a new Marketing and Business Manager.
The position includes but isn't limited to, fundraising, promotions, game-day operations, and advertising, just to name a few. The successful applicant will report to the Director of Marketing of the board, Ron Hedley. The successful applicant will also work closely with Doug Hedley and the remainder of the coaching staff.
Job Duties/Responsibilities: Create and manage a marketing and business strategy around the Dauphin Kings to achieve expected outcomes in the following areas:
- Sponsorship, Advertising & Ticket Sales:
- Responsible for sponsorship, sponsor servicing, advertising, and developing corporate partnerships.
- Responsible for achieving established sales goals and budgets.
- Develop, write and present corporate sponsorship proposals to prospective partners.
- Create new sales inventory or modify existing collateral as required.
2. Team Promotions & Marketing
- Work with local media, write press releases to maximize exposure.
- Assist with all non-hockey functions- take a co-chair, or the lead, in Par 3, Comedy Night, Tractor Lotto
- Website management and social media marketing plans.
- Build the brand and image of the Dauphin Kings in the community and among its peers in the Manitoba Junior Hockey League.
- Oversee Season Ticket sales, marketing strategies, database, follow-ups and deliveries.
- Lead roll-on 50/50 with lotteries and game-day operations
- Work in conjunction with the Manitoba Junior Hockey League to promote league corporate sponsorship.
3. Community Networking
- Work with community organizations to promote the “Kings in the Community” program in Dauphin and the Parkland region.
- Promote community activities as required.
- Respond to fan and partnership requests.
4. Game Day Operations
- Recruit and manage volunteers to optimize the fan experience.
- Manage game day preparations and coordinate game day events.
- PA and Video Scripting, pre-game testing in the arena, Promotion Equipment, Balancing, reconciling and depositing cash.
Ron Hedley says the organization is looking to add someone that has a passion for hockey and is extremely hard working.
"We want someone that is energetic and of course, being interested in the Kings is important," said Hedley.
The application period is now open and it will remain open until the deadline on June 4. The estimated start date for the successful applicant is July 5. Whoever takes over under the new role would be required to work evenings and weekends, on top of any duties that come up during the day.
"The successful applicant will be their own boss, they set their hours for the most part," said Hedley. "A typical game day you would start in the early afternoon and you'll work until after the game that night.