Public health officials announced 250 new cases of COVID-19 and two more deaths today.
Today’s deaths are from:
• a male in his teens from the Winnipeg Health region
• a man in his 50s from the Winnipeg Health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
• 32 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region
• 18 cases in the Northern health region
• 16 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region
• 48 cases in the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region
• 136 cases in the Winnipeg health region
There are six new cases in Dauphin and seven recoveries for a total of 40 active cases.
There have been 192 recoveries and five deaths in Dauphin since the start of the pandemic.
68.3 percent of adults in Dauphin are at least partially vaccinated.
There have been 12,847 variant cases in the province, 2,230 of which are active.
There have been 1,074 variant cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region:
• 876 of the B.1.1.7 strain
• 164 unspecified
• 25 of the P.1 strain
• seven of the B.1.617.2 strain
• two of the B.1.351 strain
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 11.5 percent provincially and 12.3 percent in Winnipeg.
There are 3,786 active cases and 48,536 people have recovered from COVID-19.
323 Manitobans are hospitalized with COVID-19 in Manitoba and neighbouring provinces, including:
• 214 people in hospital in Manitoba with active COVID-19 and 79 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious
• 49 people in intensive care units in Manitoba with active COVID-19 and 18 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care
• 30 Manitobans in intensive care units outside the province, with 27 in Ontario, one in Saskatchewan and two in Alberta
2,713 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 792,471.
The total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 1,081.
According to the province’s data, these are the numbers of active cases in the following Parkland health districts:
Dauphin (40), Riding Mountain (4), Swan River (2), Duck Mountain (1), Porcupine Mountain (54), Agassiz Mountain (49), Asessippi (15), Little Saskatchewan (9), Whitemud (6). Brandon has 34 active cases.
In the Interlake, the Eriksdale/Ashern health district has 97 active cases of COVID-19. The Fisher/Peguis health district has 15 active cases.