Fire departments from Sifton and Dauphin put out a blaze on Wednesday afternoon southeast of Sifton.
The Sifton Fire Department was dispatched to a report of a grass fire at 3:10 p.m. The fire was under a valid burn permit and the property owner was present.
Just over an hour later, reports came in that the wind had caused flames to jump the road onto an adjacent property to the west.
The fire was under control by 8 p.m., and Dauphin Fire Chief Cam Abrey issued a reminder to never leave a fire unattended, and says although crop residue burning is allowed in our area at this time, residents are reminded to check weather forecasts and closely monitor prescribed burns.