The Sifton Fire Department was dispatched to their second call of the year early this morning.

Shortly before 1:00 am, a report of fire alarms at the Golden Harbour Apartments was received.

The fire department discovered that unattended cooking was the cause.

Firefighters ensured there was no fire spread from the stovetop and stayed on scene for about an hour in order to clear the smoke from the building.

There were no injuries reported and fire department issued a reminder to stay close to the stove when cooking, and stay alert.