Permanent Health Care Aide positions available at the Dauphin Health Centre & the Dauphin Personal Care Home!
Apply today at careers.pmh-mb.ca
(OR) email: firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume & cover letter
Join our Team!
* Health Care Aide Certificate from a recognized program
* Other combinations of education and experience may be considered
* Demonstrated organizational skills, and the ability to work independently
* Demonstrated communication skills
* Demonstrated flexibility to facilitate changes in techniques and procedures
* Ability to display independent judgment
* Ability to respect and promote a culturally diverse population
* Ability to respect and promote confidentiality
* Ability to perform the duties of the position on a regular basis
The Health Care Aide provides direct client care and environmental support within established standards of care, policies and procedures. The Health Care Aide functions in meeting the special and changing needs of clients and assisting them in reaching and maintaining optimum health and independence within the limits of their abilities under the direction of the team leader.
- Assist clients in activities of daily living, striving to maintain self-respect, dignity, and independence of clients by encouraging and allowing clients to care for themselves within the limits of their abilities as described in the client’s record.
- Communicate client changes to the team leader.
- Document care according to policy.
- Participate in client care conferences (as required) and in the development of individual care plans.
- Provide or assist the client with Personal Hygiene as per care plan to include but not limited to bathing – tub bath, shower or complete or partial bed bath; grooming – wash hands, face, perineal area; shampoos and combs hair, shaves, cleans, and cuts nails; skin care –provides back rubs/skincare; oral care- mouth care, care of teeth and dentures; dressing – assist in dressing and undressing, remove soiled clothing and put out clean clothes. Assist clients with care of personal belongings and clothing.
- Provide or assist the client with elimination as per care plan to include but not limited to assist client to the bathroom as necessary; gives bedpan or urinal; changes incontinent briefs and provides perineal care; and care of urinary drainage system as per procedure.
- Provide or assist the client with mobility as per care plan to include but not limited to assists and feed dependent clients; distributes between meals nourishment /supplements and encourages client to consume same.
- Provide or assist the client with mobility as per care plan to include but not limited to; assists client into and out of bed; assists with walking/ exercise programs; uses proper transfer techniques utilizing transfer belts, mechanical lifts and other appropriate equipment; assists in transport of clients to and from other departments as required and as per the care plan.
- Provide or assist the client with observation and measurements as per care plan to include but not limited to reporting any change in client’s condition to the team leader; update BM sheet each shift; weigh client; may be asked to record intake and output; and document care on applicable flow sheet.
- Provide or assist with necessary safety measures (as per policies and procedures) including side rails, seat belts, wheelchair pedals, assist in the management of disoriented or aggressive clients or visitors; promptly respond to clients call lights; and reports.
- Provide or assist the client with validation and orientation techniques and, provide privacy and maintain individual identity, confidentiality regarding client’s condition and family affairs.
- Provide or assist in admissions, transfer and discharge of client including care of the body after death. Lists client’s valuables and arranges for their storage on admission and their return on discharge.
- Maintain a clean environment including but not limited to changing linen as necessary, replenish supplies in client room; wipes spills to prevent injury and report all accidents and breakages immediately.
- Maintain a safe environment by appropriately distributing/storing equipment.
- Order and stock unit supplies (i.e. linen and food).
- Encourage and assist client’s participation with activity program. Organize and facilitate leisure activities for individuals and/or groups on evenings and weekends.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position is subject to a Criminal Records Check (including vulnerable sector), Adult Abuse Registry Check, and a Child Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any services charges incurred.
We thank all applicants that apply but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.