Dauphin is hiring a Nurse II for the Parkland Mental Health Centre.
Full-Time - Term Position
Term Start Date: August 7th, 2023
Term End Date: March 26th, 2024
Consistent with the vision, mission and values of the Prairie Mountain Health sites, and affiliate sites, the Nurse II provides comprehensive nursing care to patients/residents/clients in accordance with established standards, policies, and procedures. Nurse IIs recognize and fulfill their professional responsibilities by practicing in a manner consistent with professional obligations to take actions as per the Canadian Nurses Association Code of Ethics for Registered Nurses and Registered Psychiatric Nurses, The College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba Standards of Practice for Registered Nurses, The College of Psychiatric Nurses of Manitoba Standards of Psychiatric Nursing Practice, the scope of practice as defined by the Regulated Health Professions Act (RHPA), and the Registered Psychiatric Nurses Act, and other Provincial and Federal legislation.
* Active practicing licensure with the College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses of Manitoba or eligible for active practicing licensure with the College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses of Manitoba (CRPNM)
* Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) Training
* Successful completion of Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI)
* Successful completion of Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)
* Knowledge, competence and ability to demonstrate clinical nursing skills and concepts in accordance with approved nursing standards
* Ability to make effective decisions regarding nursing care
* Basic knowledge and skills to work with computers, and electronic software programs
* Demonstrated effective problem solving, organizational skills and the ability to work independently
* Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to maintain positive working relationships with co-workers and clients
* Satisfactory employment record required
* The successful Applicant may be eligible for an annual Full-Time incentive of up to $2000 each year until 2024 as per MOU#31 of the current MNU collective Agreement
HR Posting Number: DHCRNRPN233724
Apply online at https://careers.pmh-mb.ca
We thank all who apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.