Dauphin is hiring two Health Care Aides for the Parkland Mental Health Centre.
0.70 EFT - Permanent Position
The Health Care Aide provides direct client care and environmental support within established standards of care, policies and procedures. The Health Care Aide functions in meeting the special and changing needs of clients and assisting them in reaching and maintaining optimum health and independence within the limits of their abilities under the direction of the team leader.
* Health Care Aide Certificate from a recognized program
* Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) Training and/or maintenance of competence through a PMH Skills Station
* Other combinations of education and experience may be considered
* Successful completion of Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI)
* Current Safe TALK (Suicide Alertness for Everyone), or willingness to obtain within one (1) year of assuming the position
* Current Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST), or willingness to obtain within one (1) year of assuming the position
* Aptitude in working with this specific client population
* Demonstrated organizational skills, and the ability to work independently
* Demonstrated communication skills
* Demonstrated flexibility to facilitate changes in techniques and procedures
* Ability to display independent judgment
* Ability to respect and promote a culturally diverse population
* Ability to respect and promote confidentiality
* Ability to perform the duties of the position on a regular basis
Apply online at https://careers.pmh-mb.ca
HR Posting Numbers:
We thank all who apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.