Dauphin, Canada
Federal Director of the Canadian Taxpayers Federation, Aaron Wudrick says the most common form you need to provide is your T4.
"If you earn any income it's something that your employer has to provide you at the end of the year and it's a statement of all the money you've been paid, all the deductions that you paid things like, Canada Pension Plan, Employment Insurance and the taxes you paid because that's what the government uses to determine if you owe an extra money."
The deadline to submit your 2015 paperwork to the government is tomorrow (April 30th). Wudrick says, if you don't file your taxes you could be in trouble.
"You could face possible fines or overdue payments if you do owe any taxes. So, important if you want to save any extra money you may have to pay out that you get it done on time."
Since the date to have everything in falls on a weekend, people actually have until the end of the weekend (Sunday at midnight) to file.
Wudrick says if you've never filed taxes before it'd be best to get a professional software that helps you step-by-step with it, or get someone to do it for you.
"I would advise people if it is their first time doing it especially, it's worth spending a little bit of money, if you can afford it, to get at least an accountant or tax lawyer to look at your taxes because it is something you want to get done right and some cases there are so many different types of credits and deductions it can actually save you money." 
Wudrick also says taxes are an important part of how we pay for all of our public services.
By: Keanna Nelson

Local News

Local Sports